Saturday, August 27, 2011

2 weeks down

The last two weeks have been crazy! After we moved in from Thursday morning to Saturday night there were scheduled events to do. It was called Welcome Weekend, It wasn't awful but it was just so tiring. I met a lot of new people such as the theatre department and my floor mates. I live in the basement, or as I  call it The Dungeon of Dance.

The first week of classes has gone by now, and it seemed pretty easy. I'm sure they will get harder since I'm taking 16 credit hours of class, but I'm not too worried. I met all my teachers, and like all them except my math teacher who acts like she is teaching third graders and can't remember how to do the math herself. I took a bit of too easy of a math class. (Oops!) Other than her, I like all my professors. I haven't had too much homework yet, but I'm taking tonight off (Saturday) to get all my homework done with, so I can have Sunday free.

I've gotten to explore Des Moines a little bit too. My friend took me to the Statue Garden. That's a picture of me in one of the statues. It is a really cool statue, because the alphabet makes it up.


I also attended the theatre department party last night, I met a lot of new people and some I already knew. We all got dressed up, it was shall I say awesome.

With all this fun I hadn't been missing anything from home, except for the food because I have felt sick from the food in Hubbel all week. However, I realized today as the fun toned down that I really miss my baby brothers all three of you, and I really miss my mom. Hopefully the homesickness doesn't get worse, because I'm super busy this week.

I may or may not post next week depending on my schedule.

Girls from my hall.

My roommate Lauren and I

Evy and I

No comments:

Post a Comment