Monday, August 8, 2011

9 days till move in!

I haven't posted a blog recently, but time has just been flying by! I have 9 days till I move in, and start being a true young adult. No more laying around instead of doing laundry, no more mom calling me in sick if I have health issues, no more being a little kid. But I can still be a big kid, I heard college kids are more immature than high school kids, probably cause being so smart makes you loopy.

I have almost everything I need for college, but I haven't started my packing yet. I have a get together with my friends to say good bye this Friday (stop working at Taco Bell this Friday). Saturday I am spending the day with Sam, and at night a mini going away with the family. Sunday and Monday packing, but I think I'm going to squeeze in a pedicure for myself. Who wants to go to college with ugly toes, plus I won't be able to afford them after this.

I know who my roommate is she seems really nice, she is a music business major. I know my job for work study, I'm doing Recreation Services.  And I have a good idea of the things (activities) I'm intersted in: RHA, rowing?, Sorority, theatre?, DICEY (improv thing), and I'm sure there will be more to come.

I'm getting really excited about going to Drake, and really anxious/scared too. However, I can't think about the scared part anymore, because being scared ruins all the fun in being excited. So if you see me before I leave for Drake don't ask me what I'm scared of ask me what I'm excited for I'm sure I can name off a bazillion and one things.

Oh I also bought one too many books for college, so if anyone wants to buy "Native Gaurd Poems" by Natash Trethewey I will be selling one for under five dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment