Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Move in day complete!

Today I moved into my dorm. Our journey started yesterday at 6 a.m. We did make a pit stop, and that pit stop was at the Danish Immigrant Museum in Elkhorn, Iowa. (Fact: Danish people moved to Iowa, because it looks so much like Denmark!) {Extra fact: Dana College in Nebraska is actually pronounced Dan-a and is a Danish College!)

Some truck, with my name that we saw driving to Des Moines

Dana College!

Geneology chart- See we are really African Americans (sorta)
Now that we have arrived at Drake, My room is awesome! Thank God for my Dad helping and bringing stuff, it would of been a huge struggle. And It was really nice walking around with him! We set up my dorm, I will have more pictures later but I have a few now. This weekend is a lot of activities and a lot of fun.

I'm so glad I chose Drake, I know there will be a few moments where I cry or get scared. However, there is not better feeling thanknowing I'm standing on the edge just close to to see the whole world, and little bit of the secrets it holds. I'll try to write frequently!

If you by chance feel like writing, I will tell you my address.
It is my first and last name, Carpenter Hall, 2900 Forest Avenue, Des Moines IA, I can't remember the zip code (but you can look it up?)
Me and Dad!

Me and Mom

My desk area.

My lofted bed space.

No comments:

Post a Comment